Monday, February 22, 2010

Sundries

He Left Us

by Monica Hernandez

He left and left us, with his mess to clean up, he left with his love, his affection, his words , his family and his luggage, He left and left us, I still love him and I always will but ill always feel this loneliness that he left behind, He preferred his family & that’s how it was, So many years with out living with him, Without living with him, When I go, it feels weird, Now He tries to win our love and confidence, Even though he was mean with moms and us, I Want to leave with him when I feel the sadness dominates my feelings / emotions are the dark heavy raindrops the ones I want to see and feel, But just like he left us someone left him too, That’s why I’ll always Love Him, He Felt That Pain That We Felt, Not all Of It, But A Little, That’s Why Now All He Say’s Is, Sorry.!




You Can’t Have It All; I Mean Like, Where Would You Put It?

by Ayana Ruffin

An era of scarcity
A torpedoing, tanking economy
They grab all that they can get
But constantly forget
That they are not the only ones who need
Fire the workers; give a raise to the boss
Bail out the banks, send me a bill for your loss
We hide our stores and store our hide
All a reminder that something is eating us inside
They grab all that they can get
But constantly forget
There are thousands more to feed
What’s mine is mine, what’s yours is mine
No! You can’t have any you went apart of the deal
The pleasure is a matter of utmost precision
The content of opinion drives a selfish decision
Hold it close; keep your eyes open, there jus waiting for a steal
What’s their will be mine as soon as I see fit
Widen my arms and grab a hold a fit
They take and give not a bit of it away
Forgetting millions starve everyday
They require less but desire more
Discover the need change the score
A million to one the odds one always against me
A big man is always accused of gluttony
While the thin man eats like a refuge
And no one ever notices his greed
Not a secretive vice…nothing here to hide
A sign something is eating us inside
Constantly forgetting there’s many more who need
Maybe charity isn’t a virtue we can find
Gluttony is lust of the mind



Untitled

by Johnathan Tappin

The night whispers your name
But still I see nothing
Each night it is louder
But still no sight of the beauty in the wind
Everything is at a stand still
Waiting to find my beauty in the wind
Pacing back and forward
Find out there is no beauty in the wind
Just the soft spoken trees playing tricks again
One day I may find her or may just give in
To the thought of no one in the wind




ABANDONED

by Jasmine Whitehead

Independent from birth
No need for others
Just me, myself, and I
Now I’m feeling the pain
Retribution for the past
When I could simply let go

Mow there’s strings attached
I met my match
In limitless green eyes
But now I’m stranded

Abandoned

In place where I’m alone and cold
Wishing your arms could hold me




I WISH I COULD TAKE BACK TIME

by Anthony White

As I sit in class bored as ever.
My mind begins to wonder.
I began to wonder are we still together.
I began to wish, I could take back
Time, I wish I could rememver
How we use to be
We were always happy just me and her.
I wish I could take back time,
To the way things were




TWO

by Jasmine Drain

Life is to short to live alone
We need someone to call our own

To lift us through those terrible times
Please lend my your heart to hear those rhymes

To love us hen we’re feeling low
To guide us the right way to go

To give praise and receive it back
To give us joy, which some of us lack

To make bad thoughts go away
To love you each and everyday

To help you have a wonderful life
Even if they have to sacrifice

Do anything, just for you
…ONE is lonely, I’d rather it be TWO





WHO KNOWS

by jaclynn meldoi

Who knows what the world holds
We think we do
But we have no idea

And maybe we never will
All the pollution
All the violence

Can we make it through?
I think we can if we try.
Who knows what the future is

But maybe we can change it
It can’t be all about money,
Drugs, and gangs

Lets make a difference and
Change the world
Lets try and who knows…




Untitled

by Tyra Hitcher

You see the faults in me
That I never wanted
But always would be
You see what could be invisible
You see, but I never rally meant you to
Outer walls are now broken down
I sit sad on the ground
With my broken crown
Broken heart with pieces spread all around
The definition of words unfound
Repetition always make now sends
If you say it twice
It hurts less the second time it hits
If you try to find the faults in everyone
Don’t u know you’ll never get anywhere
From afar your voice make a difference
But not if you make fun of everybody existence
You have to be ignorant to the
Law, color, and faults
That is when ignorance is bliss
And when the compliments sound better
The second time they hit



No Chance on Love

by Amber Wilson

How could I
I actually believed

That someone could, would, should
Love me like I love them

So foolish of me
I should have known

Why do things happen
to girls that wanna love

We just want to love him
that special one
But he just won’t show
How much he cares

So we lock up
And take no chance on love




Untitled

by Nia Boome

There is room for a friend
Someone who is always there
We fight and argue, but
I know who you truly are.

You are my friend with
A mind that is beautifully created
I won’t let you sit here
And just waste it

We laugh and cry anytime together
I know you will be here though
Rainy and stormy
Weather.

This is for my friends
And I love with all my heart
I just thought you should
Know this because we
Will never part



Chicken

by Ahmeen Gaddy

We all love to eat good chicken
Afterwards we give our fingers a-likin
I love to eat it with sweet barbeque sauce
But after I have to remember to floss

Whether it be breast, thigh, or wing
Barbequed chicken is my favorite thing
Believe me, I can finish a breast
Just set down your plate... I’ll finish the rest

People who read this might think me overweight
But actually, in person, I’m looking quite great
then there’s the people who might call me fat
But, they can come give my stomach a pat

I know some people who live off of pork
And not one piece of chicken has been on their fork
Not one piece of chicken… how can this be?
For without chicken you can never be free

But now that my poem is almost yet done
To the Golden Corral buffet you must now run
You must go and get chicken, believe me, son



Untitled

Jakana Grant

As the world keeps turning
And old things vanish and
New things appear
I realize now that even
In the midst of the craved, I’m
More lonelier than ever
Not for friendship, but for love
To know that through anything
I’m still loved
To know with all the attitudes I catch
You’d always be there
To give my love and know your
Putting as much into it, do much as possible
But, I guess that’s not going to happen
Since the only dude I even really cared about is gone
I wish I could take back everything
I said, but then again I don’t
Somethings just have to be said
As the world keeps turning
I realize, I’m just experiencing life
I was woman enough to walk away and
break a heart
I’m woman enough to deal with my part
My heart was the heart that was broken from the start




What It Is What It Isn’t

by April Brown

It is love. It is love
On a good day, Yes. On a bad day, No
If the love is true. How do we know?

It is the truth. It isn’t the truth
Sometimes maybe, other times a lie
tired of trying to read between the lines

It is hope. It isn’t hope
For a better set of days or more days of sorrow
We never really had a promised tomorrow

It is real. It isn’t real
This thing we’re pretending to have
Let’s let it go now
And leave it in the past

That’s where it belongs
Because fake love never last

No comments:

Post a Comment