Monday, February 22, 2010

Limericks

Untitled

by Brian Benjamin

He started off broke
He always told jokes
He turned into a success
Now he performed with the best
that’s all folks is what he says


He did not care about the world
Or these who inhabited it. He
watched out for himself and said
**** the rest. He’s all about his paper
Benjamins to be more precise. Gun a
person down and call it a night



Untitled

by Trevon Tolson

There was once a kid who lived to impress
Underneath his façade, he was under a lot of stress
He hid his pain and suffering by living under a mask
No one ever truly knew about his painful past
The pain finally broke him and put him to rest

This kid was a star and loved by many
Your man was a beast a balled like Penny
This kid had everything
Never wanted a single thing
He still stuck with his man Kenny



Fake Girls

by Teresa Davis

These girls are fake
Maybe their mad, cuz they ain't got no bait
New girls came to our school
And the ugliest _____ think they rule
And the new _____ just love how they hate

In Forestville

Sitting in Forestville everyday
This school is getting no play
Our classes are boring
The kids can’t even pass the HSA scoring
I just can’t wait to get away



Poem

by Timothy Burley

I saw dis dude walkin down the street,
Thinking ____ sweet, and got jacked for the J’s on his feet.
Then they pulled out the strap,
Caught him in his back, and then that was the end of that.

Basketball

The game was too low,
I knew I would win, and off da break, I caught his man wit a spin,
I drove down the lane, his legs were in pain,
Then I told him, "dats how you play da game."



LOVE

by ANGELA IGBOKO

HIS LOVE IS OURS
HIS LOVE IS SURE
HE IS ALL THAT I NEED
SIMPLE AS THE AIR I BREATH
NOW I FEEL SECURE

HATE

I HATE YOU
THAT IS TRUE
FOR BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID TO ME
I SWEAR, I STILL FEEL THE HEAT
I DESPISE YOU



Untitled

by Anthony Jones

I fight the current of the vast ubiquitous sea
I search for myself in the mirror you see
African American culture was never taught to _____
Eurocentric is what helped us become killers
Self mastery is what afrocentric has taught me



Untitled

by Courtney Tobias

Negative

You’re suppose to be my dad
The things you do make me mad
Why aren’t you ever around?
Your nothing but a clown.
Because of you I stay sad



Untitled

by Asia Jones

Positive

Flew away like a dove
When I realized I was shoved
I felt so alive
I lived my life revived
When I noticed it was love

Negative

I’m here to win this race
So please get out my face
you mean nothing to me
Ugh! Get off my case!



Untitled

by Denzel Dickerson

The people start to doubt
The money runs out
Politician tell lies
The children start to cry
Because their stomachs go without



Untitled

by Charles Guthrie

Positive

Bill rolled down the hill
He had a great thrill
But when he got up
He found a small pup
And went to his house to chill

Negative

This guy turned into a thug
Then he got on a drug
Certain people he had to meet
So he went across the street
He ended up getting mugged


Untitled

by Gene Cole

Got the trap thumpin
Music got it bumpin
Couple junkies at my door
I guess they back for more
Ima have the block pumpin


Untitled

by Jeffery Byers

Jason thought smoking was cool
He rolled everyday after school
Ended up in the hospital bed
2 years later, ended up dead
Wasted his life, what a fool


Untitled

by Donnell Berryman

Ant thinks he cool now with a tat
Respect, HA, he gets none from my cat
He really think he a player
And he really is a hater
He’s the type to get no cheese like a rat

Ant man is my brother
We protect each other
_____ is what we claim
We all feel the same
Its like we got the same mother

No comments:

Post a Comment