Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Blues

The Cell Phone Blues by K’Vina Mayo My mother done took my cell phone, I really want my cell phone, She took it ‘cause of my grades, But, since it’s been gone my grades dropped, Everyone thinks I’m throwing them shade. I really miss my cell phone, I wish I had my cell phone, It’s like I’m erased from the world, I be extra bored in the house, I can’t even talk to my girl. I wish I was holding my phone, I miss the grip of my phone, It’s like my world is at the end, I’m really unhappy lately, I can’t even talk to my best friend. I miss talking on the phone, I miss texting on the phone, My social life’s coming to an end, People think I’m ignoring them, I can’t even talk to my friends. Lately I’ve had time to myself, I’ve had plenty of time to myself, Writing poetry having fun, Taking long walks in the park, I’ve seen a lot of the sun. My mother done took my cell phone, I really want my cell phone, She took it ‘cause of my grades, But since it’s been gone, my grades dropped, Everyone thinks I’m throwing them shade. LOVE / HATE BLUES by Ashia McCraw I can’t believe that I loved you I can’t believe that I loved you So much love, it’s turning into hate I can’t believe that I gave you that Do you remember our first date? When did we go wrong? When did we ever go wrong? Was it you or was it me? This all must be just a dream How couldn’t we just be? Do you remember that day? Do you remember that day? When I gave you my all Should I have did something else Because after that, our relationship has fallen Now that I moved on, you want to come back Now that I moved on, you want to come back I am debating on what is right Go back to him or keep moving on Inside myself, this is a hell of a fight Now I am all alone cause I left Now I am all alone cause I left I let you come back and lost myself Trying to chase you This thing is trying to take my health Now I feel like a fool Now I feel like a fool I tried to do the right thing What did I do to lose myself? Looking back, I think, maybe, that it was just a fling My Attitude Blues by Asia Robinson I can be rude and very direct But I’m honest and don’t take no mess That’s just my attitude, “yeah, yeah, yeah” I don’t feed into drama like little girls Arguing over boys and sweat’n the b* word That’s just my attitude, “yeah, yeah, yeah” I am anti with so many females When things get real and nobody is still around, I am all I got in the end, no one to be found That’s just my attitude, “yeah, yeah, yeah” Never been the competitive type, my looks were always better. I showed off my looks, like I just brought a new sweater That’s just my attitude, “yeah, yeah, yeah” They stay trippin’, I don’t want what’s theirs Their boyfriends ugly, childish and always acting scared I just keep my cool and chill… Nobody will never be able to get to me, I’m just that real That’s my attitude, “yeah yeah yeah” Real recognize real and I’ve faced reality I will always remain number one, I’m just me That’s just my attitude, “yeah, yeah, yeah” I love no other but myself I keep me on my mind, no one else That’s just my attitude, “yeah, yeah, yeah” Teachers Blow Me Blues by Lottie Mitchell They do, entirely, too much, all the time, Teachers do too much all the time Teachers do too much, all the time Sometimes, they just give you some work Now, I don’t do it most of the time But, then when I don’t do it they don’t have to act like jerks They mean and dry Dry and mean they are They take situations way to far They always acting simple Man, after you through with a teacher You wanna go to a bar They lose your work and expect you to do it over Like, they really lose your work and expect you to do it over What is wrong with them losing work They need to be slapped something terrible Doggone teachers always act like jerks Teachers don’t understand They really don’t understand They say we always have excuses I tell them, they're always acting stupid They make you wanna throw the deuces They be trying to call your house for nothing They just be calling your house for nothing You have to be smart and delete the messages Because Mr.King calls faithfully See, me, I erase all traces of evidence And they give final exams, knowing we not going pass Just be giving final exams Now see if I don’t pass, huh… Consequences and repercussions Cus sooner or later, I’m ah have to whup somebody's... Hot Hand Blues by Racquel Clarke I love the mall When I go to the mall It’s like I’m an Energizer Bunny I buy all the clothes I spend all the money My mommy told me to save some But, I spent it instead, just being dumb I get in the house and my heart beating I yell, “yes”, then she wakes up I look in the room where my mom was sleeping I ran to my room my legs are large stumps She came in my room saying, “where your money”? I’m like, “I don’t know” She said, “stop playing, 'for I give you some” I finally said, “I spent it all”, “hon” The she started pushing me against the wall I picked up the bag that she knocked off my back I showed her the clothes that I got off the rack She said, “they cute,” “but were mines at”? I’m thinking in my head, I should have got her something But standing right here, I’m glad I got her nothing She looked upset, but I don’t care She walked in her room and flat ironed her hair I’m feeling wrong, but a lil’ alright But still thinking, why did we have that fight? In Class Writing a Poem Blues / School Blues by Angela Payne and Sydnee Smith and Deja Diggs Up in the early morning all early Up in the early morning all early I gotta get ready to go outside to wait for the bus Rain, Sunshine or snow School is real dumb School is no fun We wake up all early in the morning Around six or seven People in class always snoring Sitting in the class waiting for the bell All the teachers like to do is scream and yell Kids screaming out, “what the hell”! I got nothing to write on this paper except what I would like to do later Looking around the class for a hall pass Gotta find a exit real fast I’m really trying not to skip class Days at home go by real fast This is not the place to be Definitely not the place for me So I got to write this poem So I got to write this poem Gotta put some rhyme in it But these kids is just too loud So I just can’t find the time for it One hundred eighty days of the school year One hundred eighty days of the school year The best part is the food, But some people skip When they get yelled at they think it’s rude School Blues by Layah Manigan In school teachers keep preaching While they preach the kids are thinking We are wondering and dreaming About something entertaining We spend all of our lives at school School is too long with a bunch of fools A different class every hour The teachers towers over you WAKE UP! And get your work done You have class, school is not for fun Then you say, “I was just chilling” But, then I’m in detention cooling Then I think about how I’m feeling At lunch eating who knows what Talking to a few of my friends in the cut Lunch is done, back to this dumb class It’s Algebra, this isn’t fun How long does this math class last   Mother Blues by De Erica Leonard Mothers are always complaining Mothers are always complaining She always annoys me with the questions But, I never tell her or make any confessions Even though she get on my nerves At the end of the day, she listens and learns She learn new things about my personality everyday She tries to get through to me anyway So now to think about it, I understand when she is complaining Hard Class Blues by Dalonte Blanchard I really need to pass this class I really need to pass this class If I don’t pass this class this time I need at least an 80% or better Or my parents will take everything that’s mine They will take all my money They will take all my money They will take my cell phone There goes my TV and iPod It’s like living life all alone I can’t go on without my phone I can’t go on without my phone I can’t go on without texting It’s already been like two weeks I can’t go on without texting I can’t go without my iPod I can’t go without my iPod I can’t live without my music It helps me drown out annoying people I can’t live without my music I can live without my TV I can survive without my TV There’s nothing good on TV anyway I’ll just end up watching reruns There’s nothing good on TV anyway Luckily I got a B THE MOVING BLUES by Marcus Watson I can’t believe that I’m moving I can’t believe that I’m moving And it is very far away It will be warmer all the time That is what everybody say Guess the place I am going Guess the place I am going With its tall and skinny trees It sometimes has catastrophes with beaches big as they can be I have never been there before I have never been there before It might be better than I thought But, I will miss everybody I’ll move cause the job my father got I can’t believe we have to go I can’t believe we have to go So very, very far away But I don’t love where I’m staying When we go it is more than one day Do you know where I’m going yet? Do you know where I’m going yet? It is all the way down there It is near one of the oceans In that state, it’s hardly ever cold anywhere I’m moving to the state Florida I’m moving to the state Florida You didn’t have a single clue I will really miss everyone, And it’s 100% true   YOUNG LOVE BLUES by Mayra Lizbeth Espinoza-Ruiz Were both different but, both the same His stare burns me and makes me shamed He makes me smile with what he shows His sweet kisses are my weakness We think its love but, we don’t know Our eyes meet and I look away Hands clasped while on the ground we lay Being with him, I’m never low We’re both a world that can’t be harmed We think its love but, we don’t know Everyone’s gone, even the world He’s my sweet drug and I’m his girl Happy, we just go with the flow No matter what, he lights my day We think its love but, we don’t know But later we yell, shout, and scream Were pissed off, wished it was a dream Our love is crazy and it shows He’s always there when I need him We think its love but, we don’t know We try to move on, yet we stay We try hard but, can’t stay away He’s there wherever I go, But I’m his and his all mine We think its love but, we don’t know Just his kiss wipes my tear away No matter what, he lights my day Together we mature and grow It’s hard to be separated We think its love but we don’t know I just can’t take him off my mind His heart and love has made me blind To each other, our hearts we loan So, he hurts me and I hurt him We think its love but we don’t know Home Blues by Alma Lopez The same thing happens everyday The same thing happens everyday I can’t stand it anymore All the yelling and screaming It doesn’t stop; I’d rather go out the door Happens on Monday Happens on Today It’s just always the same strife About being nothing major Being nothing in my life Happens on Tuesday All of this happens today It’s always my behavior How it just doesn’t get better It hurts me in my interior Happens on Wednesday All of this happens today This time it’s all about boys How I am just too young for them Might as well treat me as a toy Happens on Thursday All of this happens today This time it’s about my anger Not to treat people with this mood And how I should be someone greater Happens on Friday All of this happens today The worst off all is the cooking Making food for everyone in the house I wonder if He’s looking   Pet Blues by Miya Green I never keep my pets alive They're always too weak to survive I forgot to feed my fish once The day after that he was dead Don’t forget to feed your fish Once, I had a rabbit named Sweetie At times she was a bit needy I came from school to find her dead See, owning pets isn’t for me I cried a little because she’s dead Animals weren’t meant for keeping My turtle was known for creeping One night he ran but, we caught him Away he went, but its okay Its cool because I didn’t kill him If pets loved me they would stay, they're always gone the next day I try hard to keep them alive For some reason they all go Maybe they’re just too weak to survive Next, I got a new pet named Kat Dum-de-de-do sat on my bed Man do I love my pillow pet It’s a ladybug with black spots There is no way to dead this one I bet   Mother Blues by Joshua Blocker Thoughts about my Mom I never knew my mother Not as lucky as my brother They knew her from the start Up until the end But, I’ll always keep her in my heart I think about my mother almost everyday I think about my mother when I pray December 30, 1996 a lot of things happened A lot of things scare me In the hospital I can hear the devil, laughing When the time came, it was done The time my mom was almost done My mom was still trying to fight Death was looking us in the face Praying that my mom won’t go in the light The doctor said it will be the baby or the mom He said one of them might be gone They said that mom die and baby lived I still have thoughts about my mom What if the baby died and mom lived There it is, I lost my mother I might not know her but I still love her I was put on this earth for a reason I wonder when my time will come So, I think about my mom achievements That’s not all the thoughts about my mom But, I do feel that it’s my fault about my mom My family still talks about her They love her at all times Still, I have thoughts about my mother   Untitled by De-Quon Cypress Why am I hated on Why am I hated on Is it cause of my temper Or my attitude on level ten I calmed down its winter Well, I don’t care Well, I don’t care Fakes could hate When I sit and think When I think about my fate This makes me worry This makes me worry Cause, they all try to fight me But, I ain’t having it I kick them in the face They need to shut up They need to shut up My temper is way too high I can’t take it I want to die I need help bad I need help bad “Don’t be upset man” “It’s not that serious” I don’t understand   Untitled by Skylar Jones Your heart makes you blind Your heart makes you blind Boys, they confuse you into thinking it’s okay Even if you haven’t been together that long Relationships are confusing You never know what can happen in a day Why do it to yourself? Why do it to yourself? They leave you hoping they call You can’t sleep and you get love sick Then the relationship goes wrong You hit a brick wall… They say, "I love you baby" you know that they say, "I love you baby" you know that It’s all a bunch of lies when the feelings aren’t there You get hurt and everytime you give up Love is a relationship that doesn’t play fair How many people have you loved and lost How many people have you loved and lost You do things to make them love you You put your heart in it But in the end it’s some that’s never true When you do find love When you do find love It feels like something indescribable Having someone you can be happy with They make you feel desirable Yeah, those are the tricks Yeah, those are the tricks You get under their spell Your heart can only take so much It’s a constant fight, but I’m ringing the bell   School Bus Ride by Daneetra Bryant Everytime I get on this bus its LOUD Everytime I get on the bus its LOUD Kidz be jumping and smacking me around Like they don’t even care but I might be on the ground The old bus driver is old The bus driver is old He is fat and big just like a pig He always talking on his phone The old man wears a wig We live in DC, but it’s more like Maryland We live in DC, but it’s more like Maryland They both are big happy and good The people are all nice, But we live in the hood I LOVE little kidz, but I hate those kidz I LOVE little kidz, but I hate those kidz Those kidz think they get the bait He is fat and ugly, those kidz are always late   Mommy by Damica Barnes My mother was very pretty My mother was very pretty She loves the color blue She took me to Disney World She loves me too My mother brought her first car My mother brought her first car She loved her red car She drove it everywhere My mother loved to drive far My mother spent the whole day with me My mother spent the whole day with me We went to get our hair done My hair was pretty We shared a tear, she’s my hon My mother got sick with Cancer My mother got sick with Cancer She looked weaker each day She always talked about good times We would always pray My mother past away My mother pasted away She said this would happen soon She sleeps peaceful It was noon I miss her everyday dammit I miss her everyday dammit I miss her eyes the most They use to make me smile We loved each other most   Money Blues by Ricardo Barbour My money is so big My money is so big It can’t fit in my pocket I need to stop getting money Cause my pocket is so fat, I can’t lock it My is money so green My is money so green People think it fell off the tree, But this money help me to eat When I spend this money, it makes my pocket feel free I can buy anything I can buy anything I get anything I want I go buy lots of guns So, when I get hungry, I can go hunt!   People Blues (The way they act) by Maiyah Mercer Why are people fake? Why are people fake? They need to get real, They change their ways, Just about every single day Why do females turn gay or bi? Why do females turn gay or bi? They just want to follow the crowd, They either can’t get a dude Or they just plain rude Why do people do what they see? Why do people do what they see? They wanna be like you, They just hating, With that there ain’t no debating. I only trust a few. I only trust a few. Most of the time, I keep to myself, They are snakes, and I don’t have time for fakes. It’s too many snakes. It’s too many snakes. They need to get another hobby, They need to go to bed Because they make me, “shake my head”. They need new hobbies. They need new hobbies. They need to get a life Maybe they are good at what they do, but ain’t nothing about them true. Relationships by Deja Bell Relationships are hard Relationships are rough But, if you really Love a person you Shouldn’t give up But sometimes it is So hard to get Over all the hurt And pain the person Caused you it’s hard to maintain. Relationships are unexplainable Relationships are all different But at the end of the day That one person will Look for what they had; now it’s missing.   Money by Michelle Williams I love Money I really love the way it looks & feels I love its green color. My love for money is so real Having money can keep you fly Having money can keep you fly You can buy all the hottest clothes & shoes You can stay going out to eat every night. You can keep yourself up, rocking the latest hair doo’s When you have money everybody wanna be in your presence When you have money everybody wanna be in your presence You can get into all the hottest spots You never have to pay for parking You stay getting love, Yeah, you get a lot When you have money life is always fun When you have money life is always fun You can travel to many places Eating all kinds of foods Each night, seeing different faces When you have money everybody love you When you have money everybody love you People always be in your face Smiling and laughing with you People always wanna be up in your space When you have money you want it for nothing When you have money you want it for nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment